.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Fej

More on the Fej than you care to be. More on the Fej than you care to know.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

iTunes is awesome, but...

So, I was doing a back up of my hard drive and I thought of something. I usually only back up my digital photos and documents and stuff (fits on to one DVD-R). But I don't back up my music. Partially because I have almost 12 gigs of it. But mainly because I figured most of the music on my computer is from physical CDs I still own. But what about the music I bought and downloaded from the Apple Music Store? It turns out if I should lose the music I got from Apple, or buy.com, or wherever, I can't redownload it unless I pay for it again (they're pretty strict, actually). So if my computer crashes, I'm jacked.

Here's my solution. It's going to take a little time, but I'm going to burn actual physical CD-Rs of my Apple Music Store purchased music. I'm even going to find the CD covers to print and put with the CD-R. For physical CD storage, I use a CD Album from Allsop, so making these back ups is not going to take up any more space on my bookshelf. I might need to run over to Circuit City to buy another album, but protecting my music is worth it.

Anyway, my music's important to me. I feel better now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home