.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Fej

More on the Fej than you care to be. More on the Fej than you care to know.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

New Award: Worst Product Names Ever

And the winner is... A&W

And it pains me just a little to say that. I like A&W. For some reason, I view A&W along with Arby's as a little less fast food than McDonalds and Burger King. (I know I'm just fooling myself).

I offer three things to back up my decision:
1. Chubby Chicken: I don't want to know the name of the chicken I'm about to eat. And worse, they make Chubby look like a mother in an apron, so I can only think they are serving up her own animated chicks. Like most people who've never had to kill their own chickens, I live in denial.


2. Cheese Curds: This just sounds gross. Curds? All I can think of is curdled, rotten milk. Granted, cottage cheese packages include the words Large Curd or Small Curd; but I'd venture a guess that the consumer of small curd cottage cheese at the Haggen is not the same consumer buying the large order of Cheese Curds at A&W. For my money, Fried Cheese would have been a great name option.

3. Getting rid of the Mama, Papa, Grandpa nomenclature: They came back to it, which only makes me think they have someone on their marketing department who has a clue. My advice? Assign this person the duty of reviewing new product names and brands.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home