.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Fej

More on the Fej than you care to be. More on the Fej than you care to know.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Wireless Heaven

I have an iPod. It’s a 3rd generation 10 gig and I absolutely love it. I haven’t upgraded because I haven’t yet been so impressed with new features that I just couldn’t resist. And I see Microsoft is enviously making a move to mimic Apple’s vertical market dominance.

I used to want a cell phone that could play music (yawn). Then I thought I wanted a computer in my car that would connect to my home Wifi network when parked in the garage (still sounds cool, but a little much). With that onboard computer, I could even connect to the Internet when traveling via my cell phone. But there’s the key: my cell phone.

So then I thought I’ve been thinking about the cell phone the wrong way. Here’s what I want my cell phone, or my iPod, to do. I want it to play my 3,000 song music collection, but do it wirelessly. Forget about loading it up with 80 gig of memory to store my songs and photos. Let me buy music from my mobile phone, but download the music to my home network. I want it to connect to my home network, and broadcast from there. Play the music from my Wifi network in my car, or on my headphones or through the desktop speakers in my office. I want access to my photos, my songs, my videos and my email. I want my cell phone to act as my code key for XM or Sirius and broadcast, too. If I have my cell phone with me, I want to broadcast the satellite radio signal through whatever receiving audio system is within range and under my control. Make my mobile phone part of my home network, wherever I am.

I want my cell phone, or my iPod, to become my Mobile Wireless Router. Now that would be cool.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home