.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

On the Fej

More on the Fej than you care to be. More on the Fej than you care to know.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Nokia is so five minutes ago

So, I recently switched to Cingular. And in the process I got a new phone. Previously, I had always opted for the free phone. Through discounts and mail-in rebates, I never wanted to pay for a phone, and therefore got a no-frills phone that was outdated before I even took it out of the box. This time, I wanted a toy. I wanted to take pictures, send my wife little videos, sync to my Powerbook, download games and ringtones. My first choice was the Nokia 6230.

I picked it up about a month ago, and I was having fun. It was incredibly easy to get started and I loved it. But strangely, it started rebooting ... a lot. Like every time I took it out of my pocket. Sometimes I would grab it and it would be off, though I hadn't turned it off. So, I decided this was not fun enough to be my toy. So I did what the American Dream allows me, I returned it.

Now I'm sporting the
Motorola V551.

This one actually links up to my Powerbook better, through iSync. Using bluetooth, it automatically grabbed all of my contacts, my calendar. Even the pictures look better. And the exchange at the Cingular store across the street from my office was so simple. I know you might be thinking, "Why not go for the Razr?" Well, feature for feature, I haven't found something the Razr can do that my V551 can't. The Razr is just more sleek. Oh, and it's $100 more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home